Tuesday, May 27, 2014

TITLES OF JESUS

      David, our music minister at Monday night Prayer Group often asks us to call out what our favorite names of Our Lord is. Mine are Wonderful and Counselor. I found a super book about the names of Our Lord Jesus by Fr. Mike Scanlan, from the Franciscan University at Steubenville. Father has fifty-two names, of which my favorites are not included because he is using the New Testament only. In the next few blogs, I'll cover some of them alphabetically as Fr. Mike does.
 
       ADVOCATE: Scripture 1John 2:1 If anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous One. Key Thought: Jesus takes our case, represents us before the Father, pays the price for our redemption from sin, and intercedes for us at the right hand of the Father. My Thought: The Holy Spirit is an Advocate also.

       the AMEN: Scripture Revelations 3:14 These things say the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. Key Thought: Jesus was the Amen, the yes to the Father's plan. He willingly became man, suffered and died on the Cross because that was the Father's will for Him. My Thought:  I am a better person because I understand what the Cross means to me.

     APOSTLE OF OUR PROFESSION: Scripture Hebrews 3:1 Therefore holy brethren who share in the heavenly calling, consider Jesus the High Priest and Apostle of our Profession. Key Thought: Jesus first gave His life as the Son of His Father, professing His faith, trusting all things from the Father's hands. He showed us the way and earned us the power and right to profess our faith as He did. My Thought: May I always say yes to His requests.

 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment