Thursday, May 29, 2014

AUTHOR OF LIFE

       Last blog, I was talking about a book by Fr. Mike Scanlan called Titles of Jesus. Here is a  continuation of a few more. The name is given then the scripture verse then a key thought followed by my thoughts.
 
        AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH: Scripture Hebrews 12:2  Let us look to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith Who for the joy set before Him endured the Cross, despising the shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Key Thought: We would never be Christians with Christian faith but for Jesus Who first lived as the Father calls us to live. He showed us how to start and how to finish our life with God. My Thought: I mentioned in my book Small White Hearts, page 131, how I often feel Jesus holding my left hand - often during the Our Father during mass - and someone else holding my right hand.
 
         AUTHOR OF LIFE: Scripture Acts 3:15 You killed the Author of Life but God raised Him from the dead. To this we are witnesses. Key Thought: An author brings something into existence. Jesus, as Author of Life, brings into existence for us eternal life with God. He frees us from the sentence of death and offers us life. My Thought: Did I as an author bring Jesus as a living being to my readers inside their hearts?
 
          THE BEGINNING AND THE END (The Alpha and the Omega/The First and the Last): Scripture Revelations 22:13 I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Key Thought: All good begins and ends with Jesus. "In the beginning was the Word" (John 1:1). The final action in the history of the world will be Jesus handing the Kingdom over to the Father. In the history of our personal lives, salvation begins with Jesus and ends with our standing before Him Who is our judge. My Thought: Fr. Joe Rodrigues in a retreat he gave in Globe, Arizona, said that the word history means His Story, how true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment