Monday, June 2, 2014

BREAD OF LIFE

        This is a continuation of the last blog on the Titles of Jesus, a book written by Fr. Mike Scanlan. He is a priest who has spoken at many conferences that I have attended. His talks are always Holy Spirit filled.
 
         BLESSED AND ONLY RULER: Scripture: 1 Timothy 6:14-16 I charge you to keep this commandment unstained and blameless until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in His own time. God, the blessed and only ruler, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords alone is immortal and lives in unapproachable light, Jesus, whom no one has seen or can see. To Him be honor and might forever. Amen  Key Thought: Jesus has been given all authority. He is, over all the rulers of the earth, blessed by God's authority. He can come and take full dominion at any time. My Thought: When we were studying Genesis, the sacrifice Abraham had to make was a lamb pure, unblemished, holy, perfect like our Lamb Jesus.
 
        BREAD OF LIFE: Scripture: John 6:35 Then Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life." Key Thought: If we are to be spiritually alive, we are to be nourished by Jesus and His Word. My Thought: If this was written in my book, I would have capitalized all those words and the AM because He is the one and only.
 
          CAPTAIN OF SALVATION: Scripture: Hebrews 2:10 In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God for whom and through whom everything exists, to perfect through suffering the captain of their salvation. Key Thought: Jesus not only won salvation for us but is the captain of all who follow as His disciples. He has led the way and continues to intercede at the right hand of the Father for all His followers. My Thought: Who did I bring a word of salvation to this week? Who needed to hear the Word?
 
         When I went to the hospital last Saturday to volunteer as Eucharistic Minister, a man was sitting in the chapel near the Tabernacle. I put my hosts into my pyx then asked him if he would like to receive Communion. He said yes and we said an Our Father. Then I gave him Communion. When I finished my rounds, he was still sitting in the chapel and I acknowledged his presence. We had mass after that but the man did not stay for it. When I left the hospital, he was sitting outside so I started a conversation with him. He wanted to get a cup of coffee in the cafeteria. I gave him a free coupon that was given to me for volunteering. I also gave him $3.00 to get something to eat. I asked his name and he said Jose. Of course, I knew that was his name because Our Lord always puts me in connection with someone by that name so I can pray for my favorite priest, Fr. Joe. I told him I have many relatives by the name Jose. He told me I was very kind to him. Just doing what Jesus asks us to do!!! My blessing as well as his and His! 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment