Saturday, June 7, 2014

DAYSTAR

      Still pulling names from Fr. Scanlan's book Titles of Jesus.
 
       DAYSTAR: Scripture: 2 Peter 1:19 We have the prophetic word made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the daystar rises in your hearts.  Key Thought: Matthew 2:2 tells us that the magi saw "His star in the East and have come to worship Him." The star of Jesus led them to our guiding star to lead us as children of the light.  My Thought: In the last house I had, my bed was situated so the morning sun came up and I watched many a sunrise. Our Lord and I had glorious conversations there. Several of them are in  my book Small White Hearts.
 
      DELIVERER: Scripture: Romans 11:26 And so all Israel will be saved as it is written: "The Deliverer will come from Zion. He will banish godlessness from Jacob."  Key Thought: We were in bondage to sin having no merit of our own. Jesus delivered us from this bondage.  My Thought: A deliverer comes to our rescue, he saves us and redeems us. We are then liberated and can more easily surrender. Jesus is our salvation.
 
     EMMANUEL: Scripture: Matthew 1:23 The virgin will be with child and give birth to a son, and they will call Him Emmanuel, a name which means God is with us.  Key Thought: Our security should not depend on our having money, job, reputation or influential friends, but rather on having God with us. He who is with God triumphs and lives forever in God's glory.  My Thought: I have seen that shekinah glory many times when I get into really deep prayer. It is powerful. Ask for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment