Wednesday, June 4, 2014

CHIEF SHEPHERD

More titles of Our Beautiful Lord!!!

     CHIEF CORNERSTONE: Scripture: Ephesians 2:19-21 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ Jesus Himself being the chief cornerstone. Key Thought: Christians are not to be drifters following this or that person in this or that place. We are part of God's family, God's household, which is firmly placed and rooted in Christ Jesus as the cornerstone upon which everything is built. My Thought: A beautiful song by the title of I Lay in Zion a Foundation of Stone is running through my head. Catchy lyrics.

       CHIEF SHEPHERD: Scripture: 1 Peter 5:4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of Glory. Key Thought: Many are called to pastor and shepherd God's people but above all is the Chief Shepherd who guides the pastors in their care for His people. My Thought: I love the many pastors who have guided me and prodded me along in my journey of faith. Who are yours? Which one stands out most? Where is he now?

        CHRIST: Scripture: John 1:41 Andrew first found his brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah," which means the Christ. Key Thought: Christ means "the anointed one". Andrew concludes that Jesus is the anointed one of God, anointed to save the people. He boldly announces this good news of discovery. My Thought: At prayer meetings we use blessed oil to anoint people when praying over them. This is not a sacramental oil but people feel strong healing waves go over them as we pray.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment