Wednesday, June 25, 2014

ETERNAL LIFE

        We are at the letter E of Fr. Scanlan's book on Titles of Jesus. I love the word eternal because it means we will have the Trinity with us forever.
 
ETERNAL LIFE: Scripture: 1 John 5:20  This is the true God and eternal life. Key Thought: Our  relationships with others can enhance our life, but only one, Jesus Christ, is eternal life for us. My Thought: Eternal means Their love will never end no matter how many times we mess up. We are forgiven.
 
FAITHFUL AND TRUE: Scripture: Revelations 19:11 I saw the heavens opened and, I beheld a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. Key Thought: In our lives we deal constantly with our failure to our commitments. We wrestle with our compromises, our exagerations, and our misleadings. Jesus, however, was totally faithful to the Father and absolutely filled with truth in all He said or did. My Thought: Fr. Jim Hobert at Sacred Heart Church did a wonderful bible study on Revelations. He made me picture all the visions in the book. I can still see that image of Jesus sitting on that white horse.
 
FAITHFUL WITNESS: Scripture: Revelations 1:4-5 Grace to you and peace from Him Who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before His throne, and from Jesus Christ , who is the faithful witness.  Key Thought: Jesus gave witness to who God is and to God's plan for our salvation. He is absolutely faithful in what He witnesses and He is totally trustworthy. My Thought: Who can I witness to today who needs a spiritual revival in her/his life?

No comments:

Post a Comment