Sunday, June 9, 2013

PROMISES

      Hi, it's been a while since I wrote. I haven't forgotten you, just been to the other end of the country in Massachusetts visiting relatives. On my Facebook page I said I was composing a poem on the return flight about seagulls and dandelions, but didn't get to finish it. Instead here are some thoughts on Promises, given to me from Our Lord at prayer group a month ago.
 
 
       "Life, My Child, is full of Promises. Promises that are broken and Promises that are kept. There are Promises between spouses. Promises between parents and children. Promises between sisters and brothers. Promises between aunts, uncles, and cousins. Promises between girlfriends and boyfriends. There are Promises between neighbors, but, unfortunately and sadly, those are often broken.
       "Where are you in keeping Promises to yourself?  To others? To Me? Have you kept them or have you broken them? How are you working on keeping them? What are you doing to change your ways to keep your Promises to Me?
         "Where are your priorities in your Promises? Do you put Me first? Do you allow others to steal your precious time? Do you focus your thoughts on outside activities? Are you so rushed all day that you have no time for Me? Do you listen only to godly music and television shows? Do you give 10 per cent of your time to Me each day?
          "Take time, My Child, to rearrange your schedule and put it into My Hands. Then I will give back to you abundant time to do good for others and spread my blessings before you as you travel for Me to the ends of the earth."
 
 
 
 
           As always, please feel free to share this with anyone, just please give me credit for it. Norma Vieira Morrison, author of Small White Hearts,     www.smallwhitehearts.blogspot.com/     www.smallwhitehearts.com     June 9, 2013
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment