Monday, July 7, 2014

I AM

        Still continuing with Titles of Jesus from Fr. Mike Scanlan's book.
 
         HEAD OF THE CHURCH: Scripture: Ephesians 5:23 Christ is the head of the Church, His body, and is Himself its Savior...And He is the head of the body, the Church (Col 1:8). Key Thought: As our physical bodies follow the directions of our heads which control all our actions, so Jesus, as the Head of His body, the Church, should direct and lead all its members. My Thought: We need to look up to Jesus as Our Lord and Savior because he is to make all the rules and regulations in our own family.
 
           HOPE OF GLORY: Scripture: Colossians 1:7  To them God willed to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of the mystery which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Key Thought: We want many things, but, in particular, eternal happiness. In Christ we can confidently hope for this Glory. My Thought: I love the word riches because it allows us to have all kinds of spiritual happiness even though we may not be rich in material or physical matters.
 
             I AM: Scripture: John 8:58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am."  Key Thought: The Word of God, the Son took on human nature and became man. But the Word, the Son was from the Beginning, for He is God. Therefore His existence has always been and is not subject to time. My Thought: Moses asked God Who He was, and God replied I AM with big capital letters. More titles of Jesus are in my poem, "Carrying the Cross", page 147, from Small White Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment